Controlar and Rohde & Schwarz provide End of Line (EoL) automotive radar testing and validation.
In collaboration with Rohde & Schwarz, Controlar releases a new version of PARTS- a Production-Ready Automotive Radar Test System powered by the R&S AREG800A automotive radar echo generator to generate artificial objects.
Production-Ready Automotive Radar Test System is a high-resolution test solution developed by Controlar for End of Line (EoL) test and validation of automotive radars. It ensures automated pass/fail automotive radar validation for quality control and performance compliance. Based on a smart and modular concept, this high-quality test solution allows the user easy operation and product positioning.
The R&S AREG800A automotive radar echo generator is an innovative and versatile solution for testing automotive radar sensors. Thanks to its flexible and scalable concept, together with various available frontends, the solution fulfils the test requirements of the most advanced radar echo generation applications. As part of PARTS, the R&S AREG800A has configured with its RF performance-optimized mmWave frontends.
Rohde & Schwarz provided a list of what they say are the key features of PARTS:
• (Over-the-Air) testing performed on a shielded/anechoic environment
• Multiple artificial object simulation with control of specific parameters (Object size, distance, radial velocity, etc.)
• Simultaneous characterization of the radar antenna's radiation diagram
• Robust connectors and modular fixturing for dozens of thousands of mating cycles
• Suitable for multimode radars (long-range, medium-range and short-range Radars)
The key features of the R&S AREG800A are:
• Generation of multiple dynamic artificial objects with individual distance, object size, radial velocity and angular direction
• Fully harmonized with traditional mmW frontends and the innovative R&S QAT100 Advanced Antenna Array frontend for advanced tests in all automotive radar bands
• Future proof with instantaneous RF bandwidths of up to 4 GHz
• Incomparable versatility. All applications from pre-development over validation until mass production can be covered
PARTS is specifically suited for the automotive industry for the functional testing of radar components, which can be integrated into automated factory production lines. The R&S AREG800A perfectly addresses the industry's need for reliable and reproducible testing of the most modern automotive radar sensors.